Statistics reveal that about two-thirds of the global population will experience neck pain at some point in their lifetime. Although neck pain is centrally sensed in the neck, it can be triggered by several additional spinal cord abnormalities. Neck muscles can also be strained from poor posture, whether leaning over your electronic gadget or hunching over your workbench. In rare cases, neck pain can manifest itself as a symptom of a more severe problem.
However, it's imperative to seek the services of a reputable chiropractor if you experience neck pain characterized by numbness or loss of strength in your arms or hands. Do you feel that your neck pain may warrant the services of a qualified chiropractor in Oro Valley AZ? Please don't delay any more; contact our chiropractor at Chiropractic USA serving Oro Valley and the surrounding community. Our chiropractic team is dedicated to providing holistic chiropractic treatment that will provide neck pain relief and restore your everyday health.
Common neck pain symptoms include:
- Muscle spasms and tightness
- Limited ability to move your head
- Pain is aggravated by positioning your head in one central place for more extended periods, for example, driving.
- Having severe, abrupt pain after a fall or injury
Causes of Neck Pain
- Muscle strains: Muscle overuse, like being hunched to your electronic gadget like a computer, induces muscle strains. More straightforward tasks like reading in bed can strain your neck muscles.
- Worn joints: As you age, your neck joints wear down just like other joints in your body. Osteoarthritis propagates the cushions between your bones to degenerate, triggering your body to develop bone spurs that affect joint motion and induce pain.
- Nerve compression: Raptured disks or bone spurs in the vertebrae of your neck can exert pressure on the nerves branching out from the spine.
- Injuries: Rear-end auto collisions mostly culminate in whiplash injury, which transpires when the head is jerked in a backward direction and then forward, overstretching the soft tissues of your neck.
- Diseases: Certain ailments like rheumatoid arthritis, cancer, or meningitis can propagate neck pain.
- How does a chiropractor treat neck pain?
- Chiropractors employ different techniques to treat your neck pain. The methods depend wholly on the outcome of your diagnosis. They include:
- Spinal manipulation: It aligns cervical vertebrae joints in the neck, suppressing pain.
- Massage therapy involves applying gentle pressure on the neck tendons and muscles, reducing soreness and pain.
- Therapeutic exercise: Neck exercises assist in building the tenacity of your neck muscles
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Neck Pain Treatment in Oro Valley, AZ
By restoring mobility in your joints, chiropractic care provides superb neck pain treatment that focuses on fixing the source of pain rather than alleviating the symptoms alone. Are you looking for a drug-free and non-surgery treatment plan for your debilitating neck pain? Please don't look beyond Chiropractic USA serving Oro Valley AZ and schedule an appointment with our passionate chiropractor.